Hop in a safari Jeep with your driver/guide and depart on an exciting and adventurous 6- to 7-hour tour through Custer State Park. Checkout Mt ... More info ›
Hop in a safari Jeep with your driver/guide and depart on an exciting and adventurous 6- to 7-hour tour through Custer State Park. Checkout Mt. Coolidge, Iron Mountain Road, Needles Highway, and Sylvan Lake. Enjoy a picnic lunch and take advantage of the multiple photo opportunities. Your small-group tour is capped at 7 travelers to ensure personal service.
Climb into our Safari Jeep and sit back as your guide directs you on an adventure you’ll never forget. This Safari Jeep is designed for safety and comfort. It includes a maximized heavy duty roll bar, over-sized 2" tubular cage in the back and sides and an upgraded suspension. It is Buffalo Proof!
We offer free pickup from your Rapid City hotel (9:00am) or Keystone hotel (9:25am). Tours depart from the National Presidential Wax Museum in Keystone @ 9:30am.
- After arriving at the Presidential Wax Museum you may visit the gift shop while the operator prepares your tour.
- We drive to Iron Mountain Road (stopping for photos of bridges and one-way tunnels).
- Then we tour the State Game Lodge (Presidential Summer White House 1927) and the Custer Park Information Center.
- The 19-mile safari tour along the Wildlife Loop is next; where open grasslands, pine-speckled hills, 1,000+ buffalo and hundreds of other wildlife can be viewed.
- We ascend to the top of Mt. Coolidge; from here you can look down at the Wildlife Loop and in the distance see Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, the Needles, and the city of Custer.
- Stopping for a picnic lunch beside the beautiful Stockade Lake and then . . .
- Continuing to Needles Highway with stops for photos at several turnouts along the route. There’s no need to exit the vehicle as you can simply stand for great 360 degree views and photo ops.
- We stop for a break at the magnificent Sylvan Lake (It averages 3-4 lakeside weddings a week). You will have the opportunity to take a short walk around the Lake on the 1.1-mile trail, which offers breathtaking views.
- Before returning home, you will have a choice of a complimentary cup of Keystone Dark Canyon Coffee or a glass of Hill City's Prairie Berry Wine . . . something to sip on as we return you to your original departure point.