Our Jeep Safari Tours have proven to be very popular. If you have time constraints on your vacation schedule .
Our Jeep Safari Tours have proven to be very popular. If you have time constraints on your vacation schedule . . . please contact Viator to confirm this tour is available prior to purchase.
Hop into 'Buff', a modified Open Safari Jeep with our experienced guide and depart on an exciting and adventurous Private Safari Tour of Mt. Coolidge, Iron Mountain Road, Needles Highway, Sylvan Lake, and Custer State Park Wildlife Loop. Enjoy a picnic lunch and take advantage of the multiple photo opportunities. Your Jeep tour is capped at 6 travelers and/or 850 pounds. And remember, although this is not a 'Desert Rock Crawler' tour . . . it is in an open Jeep . . . so please bring along: hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and light jacket. You're going to love it here!
Private Safari Jeep Tour. Sit back as your guide directs you on a private adventure you’ll never forget. This Safari Jeep is designed for safety and comfort. It includes a maximized heavy duty roll bar, over-sized 2" tubular cage in the back and sides, and an upgraded suspension. It is Buffalo Proof!
Free pickup is offered from your Rapid City hotel or you can meet at the National Presidential Wax Museum in Keystone.
• Drive to Iron Mountain Road (stopping for photos of bridges and one-way tunnels
• Tour the State Game Lodge (Presidential Summer White House 1927) and the Custer Park Information Center.
• The 19-mile safari tour along the Wildlife Loop is next; where open grasslands, pine-speckled hills, 1,300 buffalo and hundreds of other wildlife can be viewed (including the cute little Prairie Dogs).
• Along the way, you'll stop to pet and feed the famous Begging Burros, always fun for any age and more great photo ops.
• Ascend to the top of Mt. Coolidge. From here, you can look down at the Wildlife Loop and in the distance see Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, the Needles, and the city of Custer.
• Stop for a picnic lunch beside the beautiful Stockade Lake.
• Continue on to Needles Highway with stops for photos at several turnouts along the route. There’s no need to exit the vehicle as you can simply stand for great 360 degree views and photo ops.
• Stop for a break at the magnificent Sylvan Lake which offers breathtaking views.